Search This Blog

Friday 14 May 2010

Luminous Mountain

Once, Sayyidunā Īsa álayhis salâm passed by a luminous mountain that was sparkling with light. He álayhis salâm said to Allâh Almighty, ‘Oh Allâh Almighty! Bless this mountain with the power to speak.’ The mountain spoke and said, 'Oh RūhAllâh (álayhis salâm)! What do you desire?' He álayhis salâm replied, 'Tell me your state.' The mountain said, 'A person lives inside me.' Sayyidunā Isa álayhis salâm said to Allâh Almighty, 'Allow me to see him.' The mountain split open and a very beautiful pious man emerged from it. This pious man said, 'I am the follower of Sayyidunā Musa álayhis salâm. I supplicated to Allâh Almighty that He Almighty lets me live until the time of His beloved Messenger şallAllāhu álayhi wa sallam so that I may receive the honour of seeing him and also be privileged of becoming his follower. Alhamdulillah! I have been busy worshipping Allâh Almighty inside this mountain for 600 years.' Sayyidunā Īsa álayhis salâm asked Allâh Almighty, 'Oh Allah Almighty! Is there anyone on this earth dearer to you than this person?' Allâh Almighty answered 'Oh Īsa! Whoever, from the Ummah of Muhammad şallAllāhu álayhi wa sallam fasts for a single day in the month of Rajab, he is dearer to me than this person.'[1]


[1] Nuzha-tul-Majâlis, vol. 1, pp. 155


No comments:

Post a Comment